Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday mornings are always hard. Work is a forty-five minute drive away, so I have to get up at six a.m. to get ready. My drive picks me up and we arrive at the Bell Aliant office just before eight-thirty. Andre, who provides my assignments, has not arrived yet, so I start up my laptop and pc and continue working on the project I started Friday.

The project is working with the program Compass. I am taking Microsoft Word documents and copying them to Microsoft FrontPage then into Compass, thus cutting out the need for so much formatting. Once the document is in Compass I compare it to the original Word document and format it to look as close as possible. This will create a database that the Security Management Group’s customers can access for help when it is necessary.

Around ten-thirty I take a break and make a run to Tim Horton’s for some caffeine. I have a small snack before returning to work. I have many documents to go through so I work hard for the rest of the day. It will probably take two or three weeks to complete all of the documents, so other than lunch and another break in the afternoon I am busy all day. At four-thirty I pack up my things and leave the office. I meet my drive and we begin the journey home. I make it home just in time for supper, after a tiring, but good day at work.

Grant Charlton
Hometown: Hoyt, NB