Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My internship is at ViXS, an early-stage tech company. My assignment while here is to build a new database for the legal/patent department. It’s a lot of work but the environment here and my great co-workers make any task seem possible. Each day, I launch myself into the stack of purple folders sitting next to my computer.

The view from my desk is nothing short of spectacular. I can see North York General hospital and I reflected on the fact that I was born there fifteen years ago, and now I’m taking on my first job only a stone’s throw away from the place it all started. This internship is a refreshing, valuable experience that I surely will carry with me for a lifetime to come and I appreciate the opportunity to make a contribution to ViXS’ success.

Derek Lam
Hometown: Toronto, ON