Monday, August 17, 2009

I got up bright and early this morning for an 8 o’clock start at MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd. (MDA). As I walked up to the back door, I pulled out my personalized key card so that I could get into the building. The security at MDA is top-notch because MDA deals with a lot of secured information; certain hallways are only accessible if you have a key card and almost every room in the building is locked.

My specific project at MDA is to draft an Earthquake Preparedness Plan for the company. This document is really important because 750-800 people work in this building (MDA headquarters in Vancouver). Because of the project’s critical nature, I devote all my working time to it. I’m enjoying working in MDA’s professional environment, and appreciate the chance to contribute to a plan that will help ensure all my colleague’s safety in case of earthquake.

Regina Yung
Hometown: Richmond, BC