Thursday, July 30, 2009


I have the great opportunity of working at George Kelk Company in the Information Systems department. The job is challenging, but the friendly environment makes everything much easier. For example, on my first day an E-Mail with my picture was sent out to all employees explaining that I was interning for a month, it made introductions less stressful.

200 words will not nearly cover today’s work, so I’ll mention a few highlights. Today was a very busy day, I came in at 7, got a coffee and sat down to work. After installing windows on a laptop with a new hard-drive, I dual installed Vista on a machine that was already running XP. At the same time I was also researching trial versions of a potential new software that the Information Systems team was going to test. I was invited to the weekly IS meeting where I was able to hear their future plans and get a better sense of what projects they are currently working on (it’s hard to keep track). I also burned a few CDs and changed the memory in a laptop. Although an attempt at resurrecting a hard drive resulted in short circuiting it, the day’s projects ran fairly smoothly.


Romi Boimer
Hometown: Thornhill, ON